Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Sigh of Relief...

As you will notice, it has been a long time between blogs! I had all intentions of writing a new post every Sunday night, however those intentions soon became pushed to the side as a result of working full-time and the various other commitments in my life... Such is life!

I took a huge sigh of relief on Friday night when I finally submitted my first two distance ed. assignments for MedTL. I am both excited about having finished them and nervous about the prospects of having them marked and handed back (the sooner the better!). When I first looked at the assignments I thought, no problem, they are both clearly explained, there shouldn't be any dramas. However, once I began writing them, it was obvious that they would become far more of a challenge than once perceived!

The ETL401 assignment has taught me (even more) about the value of the TL and has introduced me to what an ILSC is. To be honest, I had no idea! It makes me realise the true potential that a library has and my imagination has been running wild with endless possibilities of what I could do to make that happen! The school I am currently employed at, has a library in disarray as the TL has taken leave and possibly facing retirement. Thus, my new found knowledge about the TL and an ILSC has me thinking...

The ETL501 assignment 'opened my eyes' to information found on the WWW. I often try to find answers to questions I have, using the net and often get worried when I find information that seems negative... However, it never really occurred to me that the information I may be reading could have been written by anyone! How much can be taken seriously? and to be honest that didn't even occur to me when picking things from the WWW for my students... How much I have now come to learn!

So, in hindsight the assignments were time-consuming, BUT have taught me a fair bit! And it just goes to show that anything is possible if you put your mind to it - no matter how big something seems at the time, if you organise yourself wisely and make use of your time... You WILL get it done!

Now for the anxious wait of having the assignments returned... fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment